I would like to formally introduce myself. My name is Sharry Flaherty and I am an acquisitions agent for Vision Films. We are acquiring films that are either completed or in post-production for their domestic output deal with Sony, or for the foreign market, or worldwide. The films can be any genre but must have star cast. If you have a film, or may know of any filmmakers/producers that are in need of distribution, would you kindly pass on my information on so they may submit their project. Please send the film synopsis, cast and their recent credits, and any key art, trailers or private screeners as available for us to view for consideration. Thank you for your time and looking forward to hearing from you. In the meantime here is some information about Vision Films. Have an amazingly creative day.
Click Posters to View Trailer
To submit your film, click email below, include Logline, Trailer, Key Artwork, and IMDb Link.
A B O U T V I S I O N F I L M S
The points that make us different from most of other Distributors is first and foremost is our transparency and custom release of each and every title, and our willingness to work closely with producers on the marketing and make sure they are kept informed and involved every step along the way.
1) Our USA DVD Label is distributed through SONY in the United States and Canada. For DVD, most Labels use an outside sales force, there are always a lot of layers. We disclose the terms we have with our sales force and provide you with copies of their statements, so you know exactly what fees get taken off the top. We take our Fees from the NET we receive from them. This is a very important point. All other Distributors take their fees off the adjusted Gross and they bury their sales force’s fees.
2) For VOD we are direct (no middlemen) with all the Transactional VOD Platforms (Cable, Telco and Satellite Channels) such as Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, BrightHouse, AT&T, Verizon, Dish and Direct TV, iTUNES, Playstation, Xbox, Amazon, Vimeo, Google Play, FandangoNow, Vudu, and more. Plus all the Subscription VOD Platforms such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime. In Canada, we are on Shaw, Rogers, Bell and Telus. We provide you with the Transmission Reports and Analytic reports we get from all our Platforms.
3) We manage all windows and decide what is best for the long run of the film between a limited Theatrical release (or event screenings), and the premium Cable VOD, Digital, SVOD and Pay TV, and physical goods DVD sales. It is dangerous to bifurcate your rights.
4) Depending on the film and producers P&A budget, we can organize a day and date Theatrical release, or we enable Producers to do their own Theatrical release. It’s a lot of work to fill theaters, but when you have a cause or a fan base, the system works, and you can have an on-going release as long as there is demand. If you are interested in this, please let us know, and we will tell you more about it.
5) Internationally, we provide you with copies of all our License Agreements with third party Licensees, so you know exactly what terms we licensed in each Territory and to whom, and agree with you on Minimums. We cap all expenses, and need to receive your approval if we mutually agree to go over them. We divide the world into geographic regions we can specialize in. I handle English world (USA/Canada, Aus/NZ, UK/Eire, Africa) and France and Italy. Adam handles the rest of Europe, all Eastern Europe, all Latin America and Asia. We attend 9 Sales Markets a year, all the Film, TV and specialty markets: MIPCOM, AFM, Natpe, BERLIN, HK Filmmart, MIPTV, Cannes Film Festival, DISCOP/Natpe Budapest, and LA Screenings. All the marketing costs gets amortized between Domestic and International, so no double costs.